Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Index mode + custom palette
Hi.
I have to convert using a 46-colour palette. For example, as you can see, I would expect the shades of browns to be converted to the closest shades of browns in the palette but instead everything is flattened into a couple of colours.

I have also attached the rgb values, which although they are very close, the indexing method does not take them into account. Can you explain why the algorithm is not very precise? Or is it possible to set the colour tolerance so that the index is hooked to the closest colour?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you editing the color-map or the image? In color-indexed mode a pixel value is just an index to a color in the colormap. When you can change the color on the pixels (paint...) they are adjusted to the nearset color in the colormap. Conversely, if you change a color in the color map, all the pixels with a color index that points to that color have their color changed. You can edit the colormap with Windows>Dockable dialogs>Colormap
i need to mantain the color map the same for multiple converted/indexed file becouse of i'm producing a series of color by numeber coloring books that must mantain same correlation between number and palette color. Aniway it don't seems to associate the nearest color in palette, as the example i attached..
MAybe i'll investigate more in that to build a more accurate indexing plugin.