Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interleaving layers of two GIFs of different sizes
Hello! Newcomer here. I have two GIFs (let's say A.gif and B.gif) both with an equal amount of frames, but their size is different. They need to be interleaved: A-Layer1 -> B-Layer1 -> A-Layer2 -> B-Layer2 and so on.

How do I achieve this? There seems to be no automatic option from what I can tell, but there has to be. Is there something I'm missing? Or do I need a plugin for this?

I'd do it manually, except working with 1152*2=2304 layers... oof. It's actually making my computer lag at points, making doing it manually feel even more awful than it otherwise would've been.

EDIT: OK, I may be stupid, I did see ofn-interleave-layers as a google result, but misread what it does, though it could only interleave copies of one layer between the image layers. And its documentation ALSO lists how to change image size with canvas commands without scaling.

I'm leaving this thread in case someone else needs it, I've seen enough "nevermind, figured it out" online to want to leave a tip. I haven't tested the script YET, but it should work.