Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intersect and substract path
Tell me, please, why does the intersect delete, but not cross path, and the subtract does not subtract, but intersect path? Why're they doing the opposite?
(02-03-2020, 12:45 PM)CombatSaber Wrote: Tell me, please, why does the intersect delete, but not cross path, and the subtract does not subtract, but intersect path? Why're they doing the opposite?

Paths do not have modes so, Selection modes ?  From the manual    https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-tools-selection.html 

Replace mode will cause any existing selection to be destroyed or replaced when the new selection is created.
Add mode will cause the new selection to be added to any existing selection regions.
Subtract mode will remove the new selection area from any existing selection regions.
Intersection mode will make a new selection from the area where the existing selection region and the new selection region overlap.

Is it just a matter of how you are defining intersect and subtract.  Give a screenshot of your selections. As my take on the subject.

subtract  The overlapping area of  the selections removed.

intersect The overlapping area of the selections  retained.

Remember also that the selection from a path obeys strange rules, that are mostly made to make a path selection work as expected on letters.
(02-03-2020, 03:13 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Remember also that the selection from a path obeys strange rules, that are mostly made to make a path selection work as expected on letters.

That is very true.

Still works ok here for regular selections (from paths)