Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I used a filter on something a few weeks ago and can't figured out what it was.
Hey all, a few weeks ago I was using random filters and ended up finding one I liked, but I can't remember what filter it was or how I used it. 

On the left in this image is before the filter, on the right is with the filter. 

Can anyone point me to how I did this? I tried going through all the filters again and can't figure it out. Sorry if this is a really stupid question.

EDIT - I forgot I also used the filter on this text layer. It may be easier to identify from this. Does anyone know what this is?

Looks like Motion Blur, that you applied to a copy of the initial layer (so you have both the original and blurred image visible):

I suspect that it is not from Gimp. You can get close with motion blur, a little horizontal, then a large vertical.
Then what used be a scan-lines filter. Replicate it with a simple one-line pattern over the top  or  use the grid filter as an alternative.

Looking at the spacing of the scan-lines on the 'Filter-text.jpg' , maybe this was a larger image scaled down. Not really possible with smaller image.

Lots of layers to get a result. I hope someone does come up with a one-filter procedure.  I did look through the gmic filters, nothing I could see there.

Sorry, not an exact match.
(12-15-2021, 03:04 AM)Atlyx Wrote: Hey all, a few weeks ago I was using random filters and ended up finding one I liked, but I can't remember what filter it was or how I used it. 

You did not used 1 filter, but 2!

First filters do exactly like Ofnuts Filters ➤ Blur ➤ Linear motion blur... (angle at 90 degrees)

Once it's done, second filter: go to Filters ➤ G'MIC ➤ Degradations ➤ Skylines (there are many ways to do this effect, here I used G'MIC as it's quick and very simple)

Then resulting image

Thanks so much for the help everyone!