Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to have the "Mark this Forum Read" on those 2?
There are 2 sub-forum which need multiple clicks to get in to finally be able to "Mark this forum read",
Is it possible to have it at the first step like the screenshot below?  Big Grin

Especially this one [Installation and usage] as we usually have 1 OS and the other OS will look "non read" until we get inside.

The other one that bothers me [Extending the GIMP]  Angel

No, because this isn't another forum, but the list of sub-forums. However you can mark each of these as "read" without entering the sub-forum by clicking the "unread" indicator which will then change color:

(06-20-2023, 06:04 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: No, because this isn't another forum, but the list of sub-forums. However you can mark each of these as "read" without entering the sub-forum by clicking the "unread" indicator which will then change color:

Noway... That cannot be that easy, I feel so stupid now to not have tried to click those Big Grin

Thank you so much Ofnuts, very useful tip
(06-20-2023, 06:12 AM)PixLab Wrote:
(06-20-2023, 06:04 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: No, because this isn't another forum, but the list of sub-forums. However you can mark each of these as "read" without entering the sub-forum by clicking the "unread" indicator which will then change color:

Noway... That cannot be that easy, I feel so stupid now to not have tried to click those  Big Grin

Thank you so much Ofnuts, very useful tip

i confess I also stumbled on this by accident (or possibly while looking at the source code of the forum).

Well, maybe not because if you put mouse over it:

I usually browse this forum using or the option
View New Posts or the View Today's Posts option.

That way only new (or updated) posts would appear on my home screen.

But there are always those posts that I don't want to read (like OSX, Linux, etc) and others that I just started reading but I wasn't interested in keeping up.
For not reading them, they keep appearing on my screen, either after clicking on View New Posts or View Today's Posts, necessitating that from time to time I have to enter these forums to check the "Mark This Forum Read" option.

I even thought of suggesting some kind of option to mark everything as already read on the initial screen... something like the image below.

But luckily, thanks to PixLab's query, it looks like there's already a working option!

I'm glad that from now on I won't have to log into the other forums just to point out that posts have been read.

Thx guys!
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.