Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a function or filter
That will help me pixelize an image with varying sizes dependent on similar colors.
Like pixelize just does constant size.

I want it to get varying possible pixelize dependent on similar colors for example if the area of similar colors is larger it'll return the larger size that i can pixelize on and if an area of similar colors is smaller it'll return the smaller size that i can pixelize on?

I hope I explained that right.
(10-07-2018, 02:40 PM)trandoductin Wrote: That will help me pixelize an image with varying sizes dependent on similar colors.
Like pixelize just does constant size.

I want it to get varying possible pixelize dependent on similar colors for example if the area of similar colors is larger it'll return the larger size that i can pixelize on and if an area of similar colors is smaller it'll return the smaller size that i can pixelize on?

I hope I explained that right.

You may try this one.
Test, modify, use at your taste.

.zip   DIEGO_TEST_DynamicPixelize210.zip (Size: 1.94 KB / Downloads: 200)
Thanks but I don't think I understand enough the logic/math involved.
From what I see from a sample run it seems to pixelize colors (INDEXED) areas.
I want to be able to grab pixel size at any location which might be randomly distributed not grouped together like areas like your script.
If you meant change your code so that it does what I want then I have no clue where to start because I don't understand the train of thought.
If it's all based on histogram then I need a simple break down of what to do with the histogram calls in order to get this pixelized value for any location.

I just want something like if i pick a location and it happens to be part of a leaf image it'll recognize that it's similar color (the leaf) and so i returns me the size of leaf. and another area that is a smaller leaf/area of similar colors then it'll give me the size of the small leaf..maybe not pixelize because pixelize just breaks things into defined grids where the size of similar colored area might not land on pixel could be half way or something.