Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Issue with copy/paste and scaling
I don't know if it's something I did without realizing it or something else, but every time I try to copy an entire image and paste it to the transparent background that I have waiting in another tab, the image is really closely cropped and I can't scale the image without it looking stretched anymore. I use GIMP to make thumbnails for YouTube. I don't really explore much in the software, just sticking to the things that I'm familiar with.

If it helps, my OS is Windows 10, 64-bit.

Also, here's a screenshot of what I mean:

(05-14-2021, 07:30 PM)harasnicole Wrote: I don't know if it's something I did without realizing it or something else, but every time I try to copy an entire image and paste it to the transparent background that I have waiting in another tab, the image is really closely cropped and I can't scale the image without it looking stretched anymore. I use GIMP to make thumbnails for YouTube. I don't really explore much in the software, just sticking to the things that I'm familiar with.

Hold down the Shift key while scaling the image. This would maintain the proportions (aspect of the image).
(05-14-2021, 07:50 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(05-14-2021, 07:30 PM)harasnicole Wrote: I don't know if it's something I did without realizing it or something else, but every time I try to copy an entire image and paste it to the transparent background that I have waiting in another tab, the image is really closely cropped and I can't scale the image without it looking stretched anymore. I use GIMP to make thumbnails for YouTube. I don't really explore much in the software, just sticking to the things that I'm familiar with.

Hold down the Shift key while scaling the image. This would maintain the proportions (aspect of the image).

It worked, thanks.