Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just learning NEWBIE
Sad 
Hi All,

I am trying to trace around this vette.  I have watched the video on how to many times, I have everything right until I go to the part where you select from path, then Invert, then delete and it should show checked background?  My keeps coming up white???  Could someone let me know what it is that I am not doing right?  I have a cnc wood carving machine and want to make a sign for my neighbors z06 Vette.  I would greatly appreciate any help you can send my way.

Thank you
Loriblackdgo

Attached Files
.xcf   cutout.xcf (Size: 111.69 KB / Downloads: 373)
You have 2 layers. The top one is the car. The bottom one is white,

When you delete, the white bottom layer is showing through.

In the layers dialogue, click on the eye icon to hide the white layer. Alternatively, you can delete this layer.
Because you have two layers... once you have erased everything around the car, this part of the car layer is transparent (see checkerboard pattern in preview) and you see whatever is on the layer below it...  which is white ("Background" layer). So hide or remove that second layer.

Smile Smile Thank you so very much, the video did not mention the layer.
(01-26-2017, 09:38 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Because you have two layers... once you have erased everything around the car, this part of the car layer is transparent (see checkerboard pattern in preview) and you see whatever is on the layer below it...  which is white ("Background" layer). So hide or remove that second layer.