Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Launch Gimp Flatpak from terminal?
Actually, I got the Appimage working. Well, more precisely, it started working. I didn't do anything. I also am having issues with getting the Snap version to open/save to my other disk drive. I don't think anything will fit perfectly with what I want. I just want something that does as much as I need. I am testing Ubuntu 20.04 and it is so different from what I am used to.

Actually it is exciting and fun to mess with. I have to do more terminal stuff, which I don't mind, but In the end I may just go with Mint Mate.

Anyway, thanks for all the people that posted info here.

edit...
Yes the Appimage works and so do my important filters! Awesome. Even the Gmic-qt. I can also access my other hard drive. I think this is the best option. still hve the Snap. Maybe I will remove to save space
In the Ubuntu snap store gimp page, there is a permissions tab to fix the limitation for writing to mounted drives.

I've been testing Ubuntu 20.04 for the past few days. I love it. Any issue I have are hardly unique to me and solutions are easy to find.

I am using Snap for Gimp, Blender, and Krita. My testing is still early, but I think I am converting to the Ubuntu system.

I haven't been this happy since I first started using linux-based OS's. I used to use Mint instead of Ubuntu because of Unity, but now Unity is gone. I think both Ubuntu and Mint are great for casual Linux users like me.

I feel like I have a brand new computer.  Anyway, I know there isn't any useful info in this post, but I just wanted to express my new-found love of Ubuntu.