Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perspective too lossy
I'm a pure beginner. I just wanted to change perspective of part of bitmap image. I did, then I took a screenshot of the image and pasted it where I wanted it (in a different editor). I think it came out smaller dimensionally than it should have. Parts of it, that were supposed to be smooth curves or pretty straight lines were way too jagged. Any tips? Does Gimp use a lossier than necessary algorithm? Do I have to be sure to use the minimum number of perspective adjustments or are things calculated from the original image rather than the most recent lossy adjusted images?
Quote:Does Gimp use a lossier than necessary algorithm? Do I have to be sure to use the minimum number of perspective adjustments or are things calculated from the original image rather than the most recent lossy adjusted images?

The transform tools in Gimp can use various interpolation methods, from None which will give jagged edges to NoHalo which will introduce antialiasing for smoothing. Up to the user to choose the most suitable for the type of image. A pixel art / game type image might use None otherwise use NoHalo.

Quote:I took a screenshot of the image and pasted it where I wanted it (in a different editor).

That is your problem. Did this give a single layer ? You need to paste in as a new layer in Gimp over the background layer. Then use the Gimp Unified Transform Tool to adjust that new layer.
(02-26-2022, 07:59 PM)Bohoho Wrote: II think it came out smaller dimensionally than it should have.

The only think that counts is the size in pixels...