Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
merge .png files in vertical sequence and printing
Photo 
Hi. I'm trying to find out how to merge a series of different .png files using GIMP 2.10.0.0.  You can see the layout I want to use in the attached image.  If I were to create a file with the typical horizontal width of 8.50 letter size, and a vertical measurement of 11.0 x the total number of .png images, and then pasted them one after another on the newly created file, what would happen if I print it on 8.50 x 11.0 paper?  This might be obvious to some people , but I don't know.  I'd be grateful for any solution.
Thanks,
Dawna_R

Also when registering for this forum, my O.S wasn't listed.  It's Windows 8.1 Home Version
Gimp works in pixels, so your US Letter size only comes in at the end when considering printing.

The divided up example you give is 1063 x 5500 pixels. Is that vertical 5500 pixels the sum of the four png images ?

To set that up for printing then use Image -> Print Size and adjust the X / Y resolution to give a height of, I would say,10.5 inches.  Why not 11 inches ? Depends on the printer but most have a non-printable border. No need to scale the image, the printer software does it for you.