Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellow Dotted Line Box & grow feature
Star 
        Hello All!

I'm a gimp newbie and hoping someone can help me...I've attached a photo so you can see what I'm trying to do...I've added a border (gimp grow) around the logo, but it is getting cut off by the yellow dotted line, I can't seem to increase the size of this yellow dotted line box.  Anybody have any suggestions?  It would be greatly appreciated!  Shy
(11-11-2021, 04:16 PM)lovely1979 Wrote: Hello All!

I'm a gimp newbie and hoping someone can help me...I've attached a photo so you can see what I'm trying to do...I've added a border (gimp grow) around the logo, but it is getting cut off by the yellow dotted line, I can't seem to increase the size of this yellow dotted line box.  Anybody have any suggestions?  It would be greatly appreciated!  Shy

The yellow dotted line is the dimensional limit of your image.
Your edge is crossing that limit. (In green)
You can increase the canvas dimensions and then apply border enhancement; (In red)

Or
You can use the Scale Tool and reduce the image size before applying border enhancement.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Yes! Or just make sure you do not have your original image to the edge. You should always give extra room for growth.  I do,,, now. Took a while for me to figure this out  Confused

Smile
All good advice. My recommendation is increase the canvas size first.

1. Image -> Canvas size (give it a good increase, it will be trimmed later)
2. Color select the leaf
3. Grow the selection
4. Fill the selection on a layer under the leaf. That will prevent any anti-aliased edge pixels on the leaf showing.
5. Image -> Merge Visible Layers
6. Image -> Zealous Crop to remove excess transparent border.

Very quick, less than a minute: https://i.imgur.com/wopwJTX.mp4