Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LiquidRescale for 2.10
I installed the most recent version for 2.8 (http://liquidrescale.wdfiles.com/local--..._setup.exe), from the wiki, which works but is missing icons.

What can be done about it ?

Looks ok to me, what is it that is missing?

[Image: ZhvbGBj.jpg]
icons are missing (New, Edit, Reset, Channel Mask, Aspect Ratio, Last Value and Interactive)

I see what you mean but not here. Gave it a try in Windows.

This is Win10 - Gimp 2.10.8 (rev.2) with System Theme and color icons. https://i.imgur.com/9rp9zTV.jpg The black theme / symbolic icons show as well but difficult to see.

Not very keen on the old 2.8 installer so unpacked it and in true Gimp 2.10 format made a folder the same name as the plugin. Put that in the Gimp profile plugins. https://i.imgur.com/x8DFJMV.jpg

A quick tryout and it works ok.
Theres a download on GC
http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16509

Downloaded the Onkel Hatti pack for Win64bit.
Put the files in the 2.10 plug-in folder, plus the extra plug_in_lqr_iter.exe intl.dll from the rich2005 pack in the first post.
Added an entry for the folder in Preferences.

Then it turned up, complete with all the icons.
Windows 10 , Gimp 2.10.8 , I've put the liquidrescale plugin and the dll file in the gimp plugin folder but I can't find the plugin in the gimp menu. In what pull-down menu can I find it? Thanks in advance.

Denzjos
It should be at the bottom of the Layers menu. It will be greyed out unless there is a open image.

As a note, for any plugin or script-fu you can find the location using Help -> Plugin Browser. Type in a search term: example:

[Image: VFsaYwu.jpg]

With an open image Gimp 2.10 has an added feature hit the / key, type in part of the name, get a list of filters click on one.

If you are having problems installing this plugin (and it is an old one) give the source - the one I posted or the otto 64 bit one and I will try it out. I do know the original 32 bit version works.
(11-27-2018, 01:25 PM)rich2005 Wrote: It should be at the bottom of the Layers menu. It will be greyed out unless there is a open image.

As a note, for any plugin or script-fu you can find the location using Help -> Plugin Browser. Type in a search term: example:

[Image: VFsaYwu.jpg]

With an open image Gimp 2.10 has an added feature hit the / key, type in part of the name, get a list of filters click on one.

If you are having problems installing this plugin (and it is an old one) give the source - the one I posted or the otto 64 bit one and I will try it out. I do know the original 32 bit version works.

Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried both versions of the plugin that here are mentioned in the posts above. Gimp 2.10.8 is installed on my D drive where the plugins folder is also located. I've tried the plugins folder on the D drive and the gimp folder on the C drive  (users/myname/appdata/....). And then I restarted gimp. I can't find the plugin

I found the sollution to the problem. I installed the plugin in the gimp plugins folder on my D drive. As all the plugins in the gimp 2.10.8 plugins folder are in a separate folder, I've made a nieuw folder and put both files in (exe and dll). This is not right. I put them now not in a subfolder and I find the plugin in my gimp layer folder. 

Thank you for the support.

Denzjos
Just tried the 64 bit version only the two files that come in the zip. gimp-lqr-plugin.exe and
liblqr-1-0.dll

and that is working ok Win10 (VM) and Gimp 2.10.8 (rev2) What does Gimp show for the location in Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins ?

I have this (in linux) but stick with the regular User profile location.

[Image: RZPG18R.jpg]

Any of those would work but best to stick with the regular locations.

Not much I can suggest. Make sure all those different versions and locations are removed.

Put the two files gimp-lqr-plugin.exe and liblqr-1-0.dll in a folder gimp-lqr-plugin same name as the plugin. Put the folder in the regular user plugin folder as shown in preferences.

If possible run gimp in a terminal with the --verbose switch and look for error messages.
I spent a whole day experimenting with this plug-in.
The wiki and the example videos are really good, but i find it hard to use.

The featured imagelink for the boat is dead but the image can be found with a reversed (google) image search.

Boat:
https://keepsporting.com/assets/img/spor...1481814759

Especially the Interactive mode is somewhat confusing.
Sometimes i get a strange result in interactive mode and then i seem to be unable to undo it.
For example, i tried to elongoate the neck of a woman, but the mask (apparently) was wrong and one of the shoulders was warped, so i had to start all over again, because i was unable to undo it.

It also seems understanding the concept about the seams and how the rescaling works is essential to get a good result.