Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opaque?
Is there any way to make a bucket fill color appear more opaque? I'm trying to make a section of painted steel look more realistic.

Thanks!
The bucket-fill color is 100% opaque is you set the opacity of the tool to 100%, and of course the opacity of the painted layer to 100%. Otherwise can you post a screenshot exhibiting  the problem (with Layers and Tool options showing)?
(05-25-2023, 07:53 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: The bucket-fill color is 100% opaque is you set the opacity of the tool to 100%, and of course the opacity of the painted layer to 100%. Otherwise can you post a screenshot exhibiting  the problem (with Layers and Tool options showing)?

I know it's opaque but I just want to know if there's a way to make it look a bit more realistic than just flat color.
(05-25-2023, 10:31 PM)sl60 Wrote: I know it's opaque but I just want to know if there's a way to make it look a bit more realistic than just flat color.

Try using the pattern option in the bucket fill. You would need to create a pattern first. If you use the copy command, what you copy becomes an option that you can use in the bucket fill if you select the pattern option.
Usually by using a gradient and curves will make your steel look more realistic if it's a metal. Depends what you are looking to do. Do you have a picture of the kind of effect you are trying to create?

Smile
Another way to make things look more realistic is to introduce shadow and light on your flat color

The less flat a drawing looks, the more real it looks.
Step 1: Draw a Smooth Base Layer. ...
Step 2: Add Darker Values. ...
Step 3: Blend with Base Colors. ...
Step 4: Continue to Darken Values. ...
Step 5: Blending Layer. ...
Step 6: Keep Layering and Blending Until the Drawing is Finished.

Smile