Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacOS Pinch to zoom
Hello. I thought for sure there would be a bunch of questions about this, but only found scattered results online most referring to linux.

Info:

Gimp 2.10.34
MacOS Monterey 12.2.1
Macbook Pro (2019)
Gimp user since: 2010

Trying to find a way to enable pinch to zoom in and out. I know it wasn't available for many years so had basically given up on it, but wondered if it had been implemented recently. I saw a couple random posts online that people were able to do it, so I started to wonder if it's a problem with my computer settings. Or did I misinterpret the posts I saw, and pinch-to-zoom isn't possible on MacOS at all?

Secondary question, if it's not possible in gimp, is there a 3rd party plug in that accomplishes this?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you so much.

Charles
That's something I would think it's the OS which care about the trackpad, not GIMP, and if you saw some random posts online able to do it, I would have taken a look at their OS, or even better asked them directly how they did it...

Having said that, maybe you can go to the top menu GIMP > Preferences a window opens and see what you can do in Input Device or Input Controler, there is a button reset if you mess it up Wink

Patrice
(11-09-2023, 04:10 AM)PixLab Wrote: That's something I would think it's the OS which care about the trackpad, not GIMP, and if you saw some random posts online able to do it, I would have taken a look at their OS, or even better asked them directly how they did it...

Having said that, maybe you can go to the top menu GIMP > Preferences a window opens and see what you can do in Input Device or Input Controler, there is a button reset if you mess it up Wink

Thanks for the reply. When I do that, it doesn't come up. Only the mouse and mouse wheel options.
Hmmm. Regarding where I saw it, It was a post from about 3 years ago and the user was no longer active.

*update
Was able to find a happy medium.

1) Went into "mouse wheel"
2) edited the custom commands
3) made "scrool up" zoom, and scroll down, "zoom out"

Even tho there is no mouse and no wheel this gave me the ability to 2-finger glide upward or downward on the trackpad to zoom in and out. So, a bit different but still very useful.