Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gimp Layer Mask
(02-15-2023, 02:37 AM)iconwilly Wrote: I did the ctrl+alt+click method stated here after I was able to anchor the image but I am still running into the problem even after deleting the mask aswell.

I don't know more about targa files, I never used this file format (question: do you really need to save to this format? I mean you're saving in a file format that you seems to not understand? Am I right?), what I did is to search about targa transparency, thus I discovered that tga store the transparency in a different way that the "usual" other formats, I tried to pass it to you and tried to translate from photoshop to GIMP, unless someone else on this forum knows more about TGA, I cannot help more, thus I will suggest that you search something like "TGA transparency GIMP export" or "targa transparency GIMP", or a mix of those key words. All the quote I took, I did say it was not from me and provided the link (did you read the 2 links?)... Sorry but I'm stuck as you are...
(02-15-2023, 12:25 PM)PixLab Wrote:
(02-15-2023, 02:37 AM)iconwilly Wrote: I did the ctrl+alt+click method stated here after I was able to anchor the image but I am still running into the problem even after deleting the mask aswell.

I don't know more about targa files, I never used this file format (question: do you really need to save to this format? I mean you're saving in a file format that you seems to not understand? Am I right?), what I did is to search about targa transparency, thus I discovered that tga store the transparency in a different way that the "usual" other formats, I tried to pass it to you and tried to translate from photoshop to GIMP, unless someone else on this forum knows more about TGA, I cannot help more, thus I will suggest that you search something like "TGA transparency GIMP export" or "targa transparency GIMP", or a mix of those key words. All the quote I took, I did say it was not from me and provided the link (did you read the 2 links?)... Sorry but I'm stuck as you are...

I don't need it to be a targa file but even when I export as a png or jpeg it is a similar issue. Making me think it's not the file type targa's fault since it's happening to pngs aswell which should have no problem with transparency stuff.
Um... in this case that's different, can you post an .xcf file example for us to be able to test to export?
(02-15-2023, 11:30 PM)PixLab Wrote: Um... in this case that's different, can you post an .xcf file example for us to be able to test to export?

Ok

Attached Files
.xcf   GimpForums.xcf (Size: 900.72 KB / Downloads: 45)
This is my export setting as PNG.

This is the result for PNG, as you can see it has transparency Wink

and as a TGA, it has transparency as well without playing with channels, just straight out of the box with default setting (download and unzip, original tga was over 2Mb and forum may not accept tga extension)

.7z   GimpForums.tga.7z (Size: 463.28 KB / Downloads: 54)

Thus a question remain, do you click on that button (screenshot below) BEFORE exporting? (Although it should work without clicking on it, I did try both png and tga and transparency worked with the floating selection, but better to do it Wink )