Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Matching subjects together in background
Music 
So, my current goal is trying to match these ladies with the background. I would like to adjust their lighting and color to make it better suit the background. I have already tried adjusting curves using a grey luminosity layer but they still look weird to me. I can find other pictures to use if these pictures fundamentally won't work together, but I would love not having to do that. And when I do color match, I have trouble telling which colors match and which colors don't, so I would prefer comparing point values rather than matching colors by eye. Any suggestions?
[Image: af1wwegxwpr41.png?width=1920&format=png&...eb7ae63403]
(04-09-2020, 03:21 PM)jichuyeyo Wrote: (So, my current goal is trying to match these ladies with the background. I would like to adjust their lighting and color to make it better suit the background.) ... (Any suggestions?)

hmm, there seems to be something strange about the left arm (next to the shoulder) of the girl in the white shirt.  Huh

Original image at the bottom.

Would any of these results be what you seek, or approach?

I basically played with two filters: Sample Colorize and TransferColors.
[attachment=deleted]

P.S: Is it possible to display an image without uploading or attaching it? (the image from the first post seems to be the case).
I tried but I could not.

[Image: lhiy0uK.jpg]
Each girl needs to be adjusted individually, because they all have different levels of contrast, saturation, ... so global adjustments only will not work.
A layer group per girl with its layer mask is one way to do it.

My method is to work with 3 layers per group:
- at the bottom, the original image with Normal mode 
- above, a layer (or group) with LCh Lightness mode (to only alter the lightness)
- above, a layer (or group) with LCh Color mode (to only alter chromaticities)

With this setting, you can adjust lightness and colors separatly.

To see if your overall composition has a good lightness, put a black layer on top of the layer stack with LCh Chroma mode.
This layer will make your image black and white. When adjusting lightness, make this layer visible: you will not be distracted by colors.
When adjusting colors, turn the layer invisible.

quick experiment (here I only alter the girls, the background is untouched)