Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mathmap
I did a freshinstall of GIMP 2.10

When starting up I do get a couple of warnings about missing DDL's, which seems to be related to Mathmap.exe

Ignoring these messages is not a problem, but it's annoying.

Is there a solution?
Your profile is the standard (vista or greater) Can you give the actual Windows version you are using and 32 or 64 bit. It might help find an answer. From memory Windows mathmap is 32 bit only. The names of the errant dll's might be handy as well.

I normally use linux but I have a couple of Windows Virtual machines and I can try out in one.
I'm using Windows 10, but that version is not selectable, so I choosed the nearest option: "Vista or greater".
Sorry for the delayed reply, I was just shutting down for the night when I saw your post.

(06-30-2018, 09:52 PM)Janno Wrote: I'm using Windows 10, but that version is not selectable, so I choosed the nearest option: "Vista or greater".

Normally it does not make any difference if you are using Win7 64 bit or Win10 64 bit but for an ancient plugin such as MathMap it might.

A very basic Win10 64 bit VM and MathMap seems to work. This the sea filter: https://i.imgur.com/TxEJ9Sf.jpg but I have not gone through all the filters to see what works https://i.imgur.com/ZlLih7c.jpg

You can see from the first screenshot that MathMap is not too comfortable with the new Gimp 2.10 themes. The sliders do not show but do work.

But no error messages.

Back to your non-critical warnings about missing dll's What are the error messages, if you can translate to English even better. Are the messages you see specific to certain filters or all filters.

Where did you get the MathMap files? Where are they installed? The more information the better.
Busy with other things....

I did uninstall Gimp completely (Revo Uninstaller).

Dowloaded and installed new version: Gimp 2.10.4

Get the same warnings, see attached file ("Toegangspunt niet gevonden" = Accesspoint not found, "Kan toegangspunt van proceduere xxx niet vinden in DLL-file...."= Unable to find accesspoint of procedure xxx in Dll-file...")

It's strange that in a fresh 64-bit version these messages do occur.

Attached Files
.pdf   Gimp problems.pdf (Size: 62.2 KB / Downloads: 320)
Quote:I did uninstall Gimp completely (Revo Uninstaller).

What does not get uninstalled is:

1. Any extra files/plugins in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ that a user installs at an earlier date.
2. The Gimp 2.8 user profile, C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\
3. The Gimp 2.10 user profile, C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

When Gimp 2.10 is first run, it copies resources from C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\ to C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

Anything broken in there remains.

That last gmic error really indicates old files remaining.
(08-21-2018, 12:07 PM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:I did uninstall Gimp completely (Revo Uninstaller).

What does not get uninstalled is:

1. Any extra files/plugins in C:\Program Files\GIMP 2\ that a user installs at an earlier date.
2. The Gimp 2.8 user profile, C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\
3. The Gimp 2.10 user profile, C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

When Gimp 2.10 is first run, it copies resources from C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.8\ to C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

Anything broken in there remains.

That last gmic error really indicates old files remaining.

Thanks. Did not know about remaining files when uninstalling GIMP.
Did remove anything under "1", "2" and "3".
Fresh install of GIMP. Problem solved.