Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Measurement tool
Hi there I wonder if someone  would be kind enough to answer this question for me as I am struggling to get the hang of Gimp.

I am sure there is another way of doing this, however I have just come across the measuring tool so I can measure things in order to get everything in proportion like text..So i am measuring a line with the measuring tool however it seems that I can only measure one line at a time rather than have multiple lines. You must be able to get multiple lines ?

Sorry for asking a silly question...
not a silly question

Not breaking the measure tool....
You can place a guide at the end of the measure tool. It is described in the docs

https://docs.gimp.org/en/gimp-tool-measure.html - see: 6.5.3. Key modifiers (Defaults)

examples:

Guides can also be set by percentage or pixel location Image -> Guides Also plugins and scripts to add multiple guides are available.

Consider setting up a grid. Can be on a per-image basis Image -> Configure Grid and made visible in the View Menu.

Guides and Grids only exist inside Gimp. They are saved with a Gimp .xcf image for later use. Export to png, jpeg, etc - gone.
Excellent thanks so much