Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mockup XCF
Hi, I saw a mockup PSD which uses " Smart Object " to customise.

[Image: ICo4Lx1.png]

Can we offer something like this as a .xcf file ? Or create using GIMP and then provide as a PSD ? Thanks.
Maybe this can help you : https://gimplearn.net/viewtopic.php?t=744
Thanks, really useful.

I am trying to do this to more than just coins. I would like to try to create mockups and allow people to customise it with their own text / logo. The coin use case got covered. But there are a no. of mockups that we can get PSD from graphics resources. I wonder whether we can do this with GIMP or provide such a PSD using GIMP.
(03-03-2021, 05:00 PM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks, really useful.

I am trying to do this to more than just coins. I would like to try to create mockups and allow people to customise it with their own text / logo. The coin use case got covered. But there are a no. of mockups that we can get PSD from graphics resources. I wonder whether we can do this with GIMP or provide such a PSD using GIMP.

Not currently... The PSDs you see are using "smart objects" that are conceptual children if the non-destructive editing: instead of keeping a result, you keep the process that leads to it, so you can replay the process with a different input. This capability isn't present in Gimp so far, AFAIK this is planned for Gimp 3.
Thanks @Ofnuts.