Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modified unknown
(02-21-2024, 11:21 PM)sallyanne Wrote: I opened the picture file and then opened the command prompt and it didn't open with 'picture' in it. How do I get it to?

Well, for the sake of completness, you do it this way. All in one screenshot but it is done in steps.

(1) Use Gimp to find the folder containing files that show up with that Unknown date.
(2) Use Windows explorer and navigate to the same folder (does not have to be 'Pictures' it is whatever folder you use)
(3) Top of Windows explorer type in cmd, that will open a terminal based on that folder.
(4) At the prompt in the terminal type in dir /T to get a listing of the files and folders.

Now compare the dates in the terminal with the computer date.

As before, that will not fix anything. Pass the information on to your buddies in pixls. Use one of those free utilities to write new dates to the files.
It isn't one, folder Rich. It seems to be all. Never mind, I can live with this discrepency. Sorry to have wasted your time and everyone else in trying to figure this out for me. Thank you again.

I have too many pics to show the whole folder. But dates go back to 2012 here and are every year up to now

Smile
I see on pixls that you found a solution Wink A bit drastic but might help anyone with the same problem.

Quote: Didn’t find the cause but made a new user and that new user saw everything correctly.

It does highlight that Micro$oft does not really give the user much in the way of tools. Really Windows Explorer has not changed much since WinXP.
I wonder if it was the version 2.10.x There have been a couple other people with the same problem but no real fix.
I downloaded 2.99.18 and all the dates are there!

Smile