Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modify Crosshairs Script
Could this script be modified to work on the image and not the active layer?

I have a shortcut already for crosshairs per layer, but would like to add a shortcut modifier to work on the image and not the layer. I poked it with a stick for a while and couldn't get it to work.

Attached Files
.zip   Gregs Crosshairs.scm.zip (Size: 588 bytes / Downloads: 386)
Surely the point of Greggs Crosshairs is that it is immediate - no dialogue - no options.  Otherwise the grid-guides.scm does center lines based on either layer or canvas.

I will throw this in since I am no good at scripting. 
An additional script that registers alongside Greggs Crosshairs Puts center line guides based on the canvas.

Attached Files
.zip   Gregs Crosshairs-canvas.zip (Size: 633 bytes / Downloads: 170)
(04-03-2020, 09:34 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Surely the point of Greggs Crosshairs is that it is immediate - no dialogue - no options.  Otherwise the grid-guides.scm does center lines based on either layer or canvas.

I will throw this in since I am no good at scripting. 
An additional script that registers alongside Greggs Crosshairs Puts center line guides based on the canvas.

Fantastic! 
No dialogs is exactly the point, and now I can finally have a shortcut for crosshairs on the canvas and not just for layers. 
Thank you rich.
Also , ofn-preset-guides lets you defines menu entries/shortcuts for about any guide combination you want. (cross-hair, margins, equal slices, ...)
(04-03-2020, 08:36 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Also , ofn-preset-guides lets you defines menu entries/shortcuts for about any guide combination you want. (cross-hair, margins, equal slices, ...)

I didn't know that. It would certainly be much cleaner to use one plugin, and I like the idea of custom shortcut presets.

I just downloaded it but didn't see a way to define guides on layers vs canvas. Could this be done?
It can be done now, just updated the plugin:

Enjoy

(discussion can continue in https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-preset-guides if necessary)
Just perfect!