Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My pdf files are opening in GIMP
This is very annoying.  I found the instructions on what to do to at least print them out, but GIMP won't allow me to save the as a PDF file.  Most attachments come as pdf documents.

I tried to find another .pdf file but still could not work it out.  I feel like uninstalling GIMP, but it is good for photos.  (not pdf documents).
I have Windows 10.
Some one please respond with clear instructions.
Your explanations are confused, for what I understood you seems GIMP is opening PDF automatically while you would like another software to open them? Also you would like to save some PDF with GIMP?

To open with another software, it's not with GIMP > But from your operating system (Linux, macOS, Windows, etc...) right click on your PDF file, a context menu should open and select "Open with.." or similar, a window should open with a list of software compatible with PDF and a "check box" saying "Remember this Application" or "Always open with this..."
(06-18-2023, 12:57 AM)ElizaKaye Wrote: This is very annoying.  I found the instructions on what to do to at least print them out, but GIMP won't allow me to save the as a PDF file.  Most attachments come as pdf documents.

I tried to find another .pdf file but still could not work it out.  I feel like uninstalling GIMP, but it is good for photos.  (not pdf documents).
I have Windows 10.

In Gimp you cannot save as PDF but you can export as PDF.

This said, it is a matter of resetting which applications opens what (aka "file associations" if you want to google it), and there are plenty of sites telling you how to do it, like this one.
Quote:I have Windows 10.

If you are just viewing and printing a PDF then use a PDF viewer. Adobe of course does one but it is a monster
There are others, a range shown here: https://www.portablefreeware.com/index.php?sc=199

Are you a click-and-wish user ? clicking on a PDF in Windows explorer ? Whatever you use open the application first then browse for the PDF from the application.