Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery of the moving dock
I have Gimp 2.8.22, and the recent demise of my old computer meant that I had to transfer to a new one running Windows 10. Everything seems fine, but every time I open Gimp the 'dock' on the right is wider.

Everything docked at A stays in place, but the width of B gets smaller and smaller as C keeps growing. I would guess it is something to do with area D, which appears to be sitting in uncontrolled screen space. I have tried reading the guides, but they seem to skip lightly over what is actually meant by a dock.

Can anyone help?
Gimp 2.8.22:

My advice reset to the default window layout and start again: Edit -> Preferences -> Window Management Under Window Positions click on Reset Saved Window Positions to Default Values

Restart Gimp, it will be in 3 windows, use Gimp menu Windows -> Single Window mode

A short video (4 mins) demonstrating that and a bit more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2sKkA3vqvw might help if you can be bothered.
Thanks, it seems to have fixed the issue, and I watched the video so I know what to do when I set up my docks!

Smile