Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm upset and proud, but I also feel that I'm quite outdated now
My youngest son got this subject for home work, (he's 11-years old)

Subject:

After less than 5 minutes he shows to mom, a nice 5 paragraphs full A4 page of a nice story, thus my wife called me, very proud of our son, then I started to read... and I discovered than he did use chatGPT ...   Huh

We got 5 minutes with my son, that AI can be useful, but they do a lot of errors and most important for home work > no more AI. Rolleyes
But, jeez that 5 paragraphs story was good Blush
Well it also proves that during our student life we have to write a lot of BS, and that there are mixed evaluations: is the history teacher also evaluating your son on his good English or is the English teacher evaluating your son's history knowledge (or googling skills)?

Personally, I would not mind if my kids used ChatGPT as a way to overcomes a writer's block.
(05-10-2023, 09:22 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Well it also proves that during our student life we have to write a lot of BS, and that there are mixed evaluations: is the history teacher also evaluating your son on his good English or is the English teacher evaluating your son's history knowledge (or googling skills)?

Personally, I would not mind if my kids used ChatGPT as a way to overcomes a writer's block.

It's not for history, but for "Social Study", although I don't understand the real difference with history Big Grin
For the evaluation, I think it's a whole, but with emphasizing the content to know his knowledge.

About chatGPT, I told them "If you know that one of your classmate is using chatGPT, you can use it as well, but I want names, no name = no chatGPT" Big Grin