Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help please
Hello, im trying to get image 1 to look like image 2. i need the inside of the design to be transparent. been trying to figure it out myself for days. any ideas. thanks

Something like this ?

What I dit :
- Colours / Invert
- Add Alpha Channel
- copy layer and name it 'white' (or something else)
- on layer white use the Fuzzy Select Tool on the white area outside the clothes (Threshold value 22,5) 
- then : Select / Invert and delete the selected area
- on the original inverted layer : Colours / Color to Alpha
(03-21-2024, 04:29 PM)john42o Wrote: Hello, im trying to get image 1 to look like image 2. i need the inside of the design to be transparent. been trying to figure it out myself for days. any ideas. thanks
  • Add an alpha channel if not there already
  • Fuzzy select the background, normal threshold
  • Select > Grow by one pixel
  • Select > Invert
  • Bucket-fill the selection with black in Color erase mode (see top of tool options)

(03-22-2024, 12:05 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(03-21-2024, 04:29 PM)john42o Wrote: Hello, im trying to get image 1 to look like image 2. i need the inside of the design to be transparent. been trying to figure it out myself for days. any ideas. thanks
  • Add an alpha channel if not there already
  • Fuzzy select the background, normal threshold
  • Select > Grow by one pixel
  • Select > Invert
  • Bucket-fill the selection with black in Color erase mode (see top of tool options)

Awesome Thank you so much!!
Another solution is Colors > Color to Alpha move the Opacity Threshold slider to keep some blacks/grays/or only the whites

Patrice
(03-22-2024, 03:35 AM)PixLab Wrote: Another solution is Colors > Color to Alpha move the Opacity Threshold slider to keep some blacks/grays/or only the whites

great thank you