Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Brush
Is there a way to make a new brush with different images in it, like numbers 2 and 0 and some images in it
(02-15-2022, 04:58 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: Is there a way to make a new brush with different images in it, like numbers 2 and 0 and some images in it

A quick look at making gimp brushes

https://youtu.be/3mZ9vF2ayM0 - Make Gimp Brush
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(02-15-2022, 05:12 AM)Krikor Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 04:58 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: Is there a way to make a new brush with different images in it, like numbers 2 and 0 and some images in it

A quick look at making gimp brushes

https://youtu.be/3mZ9vF2ayM0 - Make Gimp Brush

Thank you, I did go true it, but it does not say if I can do the following

I want to add 2022 and the rest of the stars with a animal image.

The 4 stars at the bottom will be  2022,
The rest of them will be an image

See screenshot

Attached Files Image(s)

IMHO you should decompose the problem.

1) draw a circle with stars, and leave a space at the bottom
2) create a rounded text with 2022 in it

Several ways to do 1), like make a selection that excludes the area where "2022" will appear, or even drawing the whole circle  and removing the stars that get in the way. By the way for regularly spaced stars you can use my  ofn-brush-strokes-on-path.

For 2) look for "Gimp text along path" tutorials for the standard way. On the other hand I made the ofn-text-along-path script that can make things a lot easier.
(02-15-2022, 05:28 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: I want to add 2022 and the rest of the stars with a animal image.

See screenshot
Any image you copy to your clipboard can become a brush. Note in the attached screenshot the copied image can be selected in the brush selection utility (red arrow on the lower right side)
And then  fine tuned in the brush dialog (red arrow on the left side)
Note I set brush spacing to "140", you'll likely have to fine tune yours to suit whatever image you use.
then plot a circle using the ellipse selection tool, and then Edit>Stroke Selection   and you should be home

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-15-2022, 06:19 PM)rickk Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 05:28 AM)hendrikbez Wrote: I want to add 2022 and the rest of the stars with a animal image.

See screenshot
Any image you copy to your clipboard can become a brush. Note in the attached screenshot the copied image can be selected in the brush selection utility (red arrow on the lower right side)
Note I set brush spacing to "140", you'll likely have to fine tune yours to suit whatever image you use.
then plot a circle using the ellipse selection tool, and then Edit>Stroke Selection   and you should be home

Is it possible to make this for a brush.

Attached Files Image(s)

(02-16-2022, 11:09 AM)hendrikbez Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 06:19 PM)rickk Wrote:

See screenshot

Maybe something like this [Image: J0H7Iys.png] ?

Attached Files
.zip   NFL2022BRUSH.zip (Size: 15.17 KB / Downloads: 76)
(02-16-2022, 01:03 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(02-16-2022, 11:09 AM)hendrikbez Wrote:
(02-15-2022, 06:19 PM)rickk Wrote: Any image you copy to your clipboard can become a brush. Note in the attached screenshot the copied image can be selected in the brush selection utility (red arrow on the lower right side)

Maybe something like this [Image: J0H7Iys.png] ?

Thank you, If it is possible, can you show me how you did this, I do not understand how it works
Following the steps given by Ofnuts in post #4 you will be able to easily create this type of composition.
I left no space on the circle button when I created the stars. But I used the eraser to delete the unwanted stars.

Perhaps rich2005 can better demonstrate via a quick video.

Part of this process is explained in this video: https://youtu.be/pukUIefS0xI - Text around a circle
Actually, considering that stars are regular characters in Unicode, you can generate the whole thing as a curved text (or as two curved pieces of texts). Uisng the "Repeat" layout in my ofn-text-along-path script, you just give it one star character and it will repeat it as many times as needed to cover the path.