Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Brush
(02-18-2022, 10:43 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Actually, considering that stars are regular characters in Unicode, you can generate the whole thing as a curved text (or as two curved pieces of texts). Uisng the "Repeat" layout in my ofn-text-along-path script, you just give it one star character and it will repeat it as many times as needed to cover the path.

Thank you, I have downloaded it,  restarted gimp, but the only one I see is this one

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Not a brush, I think that is just too complicated. Similar to Ofnuts suggestion but using older scripts.

As mentioned before, shape-paths.scm to make the initial path shape.
A utility PathRotator2.scm to easily duplicate the initial path around a circle.  PathRotator2.zip attached, unzip put in your scripts folder.

A very quick demo as an example:   https://i.imgur.com/deD0Wrl.mp4

Attached Files
.zip   PathRotator2.zip (Size: 1.31 KB / Downloads: 77)
(02-18-2022, 12:29 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Not a brush, I think that is just too complicated. Similar to Ofnuts suggestion but using older scripts.

A utility PathRotator2.scm to easily duplicate the initial path around a circle.  PathRotator2.zip attached, unzip put in your scripts folder.

Thank you for the video, will get it to work now

(02-18-2022, 12:29 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Not a brush, I think that is just too complicated. Similar to Ofnuts suggestion but using older scripts.

Hi rich2005

I did copy the scm file into plug-ins folder, there are 3 of scm files, then I have refresh scrips and restart gimp, but when I go to help/plug-in browser I do no see this 2, I want to see where they are on the menu.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(02-18-2022, 01:11 PM)hendrikbez Wrote: Hi rich2005

I did copy the scm file into plug-ins folder, there are 3 of scm files, then I have refresh scrips and restart gimp, but when I go to help/plug-in browser I do no see this 2, I want to see where they are on the menu.

Not in the plugins folder, but in the scripts folder!

Files with .py extensions you place them in the plugins folder.
With the .scm extension, place them in the scripts folder.

.scm files do not require gimp to be restarted! Just Filters - Script-Fu - Refresh Scripts
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(02-18-2022, 04:52 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 01:11 PM)hendrikbez Wrote: Hi rich2005

Not in the plugins folder, but in the scripts folder!

Files with .py extensions you place them in the plugins folder.
With the .scm extension, place them in the scripts folder.

.scm files do not require gimp to be restarted! Just Filters - Script-Fu - Refresh Scripts
Thank you

I would have put the py in scripts because py is a script.

Know I know
(02-18-2022, 11:19 AM)hendrikbez Wrote:
(02-18-2022, 10:43 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Actually, considering that stars are regular characters in Unicode, you can generate the whole thing as a curved text (or as two curved pieces of texts). Uisng the "Repeat" layout in my ofn-text-along-path script, you just give it one star character and it will repeat it as many times as needed to cover the path.

Thank you, I have downloaded it,  restarted gimp, but the only one I see is this one

That's the one... The ZIP that you downloaded contains a sizeable HTML doc with explanations and pictures. Recommended reading (just open the HTML with your browser).