Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New here :)
Wink 
Hello there! Even if I have been using GIMP for a long time, I am totally new to this forum.

I will introduce myself.

I am a boy from Argentina who loves using GNU/Linux and GIMP. I also love animals (Specially cats) and photography.

I started using GIMP for very easy tasks, such as cropping a picture, or making it black/white. But now I have been learning new skills, and I am finally able to make cool pictures.

Before GIMP, I used (Please do not laugh here) Microsoft Powerpoint for editing pictures. But due to its limitations, I searched for an alternative.

Well, I don't know what else to say, other that Hello Smile
(09-21-2017, 03:37 PM)Tonko Wrote: Before GIMP, I used (Please do not laugh here) Microsoft Powerpoint for editing pictures.

When you only tool is a hammer, all your problems look like nails Smile

Welcome to the screwdriver forum.
I am also new here Cool

And I also love linux!  Big Grin  though my main computer is still a 2012 macbook pro. I also do a little programming from time to time... It was actually drawing icons and logos that first introduced me to GIMP, although I already had a little experience with photoshop growing up, and already knew a few basics.

But life takes unexpected turns, and I have been doing less coding, and more GIMPing recently, although, in the past few months(since becoming a covid-hermit), I've started writing a few little code diddys once again. Actually, here is one; apologies, it is still very WIP! ...and my finger was beginning to hurt... will finish later...

I do however find myself using GIMP more&more for most everything graphical i do these days, and am becoming more&more curious about the full capabilities i'm probably still missing out on. 

...also there are a few questions that have been growing on my mind... .

..let me organize my notes...  

...one moment...

自ヨヨ         自     ⁽⁽ˇ⊹ ͠⋋ミ⋛ヽ( ੈԾ෴Ծ)ノ彡⋚ ੈ⊹⋌⁾⁾     ヨヨ     自自ヨ
. . . . | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄| ⁽*/~ ͠  | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|°ヽ ੈ⁾ˇ  | ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄| ...i'll have to get back to you...