Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New pattern problem
Patterns saved to AppData>Roaming>GIMP>2.10>patterns  - aren't available to use. Have tried closing/restarting Gimp and rebooting my laptop but still no luck - yet if I look in Edit>Preferences>Folders>Patterns the .pat file I copied to the correct save location folder is there...

Any suggestions?
Is it a Gimp pattern or a PS pattern?IIRC the PS ones cannot be used directly. You can however open them as images and save them as Gimp patterns.
(05-01-2019, 12:24 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Is it a Gimp pattern or a PS pattern?IIRC the PS ones cannot be used directly. You can however open them as images and save them as Gimp patterns.

No - it's a pattern I made... but another thing I find strange is that when I try to export the image from within Gimp - the file tree doesn't show the AppData folder - meaning I can't select that folder as it doesn't appear to be there... but the path is valid in Windows Explorer so I know it exists.
(04-30-2019, 11:30 PM)ChrisO Wrote: Patterns saved to AppData>Roaming>GIMP>2.10>patterns  - aren't available to use.

The name used in the patterns dialogue could be different from the file name you used. So perhaps the pattern is there, but with a different name so you missed it. The name could be something like "Created with Gimp".
(05-01-2019, 03:27 AM)ChrisO Wrote: ..snip...when I try to export the image from within Gimp - the file tree doesn't show the AppData folder - meaning I can't select that folder as it doesn't appear to be there... but the path is valid in Windows Explorer so I know it exists.

It is a linux legacy for you (un)lucky Windows users Wink

In the File export dialogue, right click and enable Show Hidden Files