Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't remember loading fonts to be this hard!
Sad 
Hey all! Recently got back into working with GIMP on Windows 10 after a PS membership ran out, as it's pretty much the best open-source alternative. I've been trying to load in some fun new fonts to work with but GIMP will not detect any new fonts despite my best efforts. What's weird is some older fonts I installed a while back do show up, but nothing new. Also, all new fonts DO show up in every other app I use. I've been reading up on it for a few days now and tried the following:

-installing fonts directly from the TTP/OTF file
-dropping fonts into the Windows/Fonts folder
-Restarting GIMP
-Reloading fonts within gimp
-Adding the Windows Fonts folder directly to the list of folders GIMP uses to source fonts
-Clearing font cache
-Restarting Computer
-Reinstalling GIMP
-Updating GIMP to newest version

Lots of restarting in particular. Does anyone have any ideas?
(09-17-2020, 09:44 PM)mordhau5 Wrote: Hey all! Recently got back into working with GIMP on Windows 10 after a PS membership ran out, as it's pretty much the best open-source alternative. I've been trying to load in some fun new fonts to work with but GIMP will not detect any new fonts despite my best efforts. What's weird is some older fonts I installed a while back do show up, but nothing new. Also, all new fonts DO show up in every other app I use. I've been reading up on it for a few days now and tried the following:

-installing fonts directly from the TTP/OTF file
-dropping fonts into the Windows/Fonts folder
-Restarting GIMP
-Reloading fonts within gimp
-Adding the Windows Fonts folder directly to the list of folders GIMP uses to source fonts
-Clearing font cache
-Restarting Computer
-Reinstalling GIMP
-Updating GIMP to newest versio

Lots of restarting in particular. Does anyone have any ideas?

I did this successfully before MS did their last Windows reinstall.

Preferences > Folders > Fonts
I think I used the App Data\Roaming etc etc

I didn't put the Windows Fonts folder there though.
What I did was copied and pasted the Font Folder there.

Then when adding text the fonts were listed in the Tool Options Tab (if I remember correctly).

Hope you have fun with your fonts. Smile

Angel