Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newby Question_ Change text on image
Hi

Is there a video or step by step on how to change text form one language to other language  on an image

Say it show Monday, I want to change it to Maandag, how do I do it.
https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Type-o...t-on-image
Thank you, but do not understand the background color to be changed in the link you have giving me.
There is no trick, you only fill the text box with color without erasing the text. This is working in Gimp 2.10.14

If you are using Gimp 2.10.14 then :

- type-over the old text
- fill the text box with the background colour from the calendar you change the text / use Color Picker Tool. 
- the old text is now hidden and only the new text is visible 

In Gimp 2.10.18 this workflow is not working anymore, so :

If you are using Gimp 2.10.18 then : 

- 1/ type-over the old text
- 2/ copy the text layer to new layer
- 3/ pick the background color from the calendar you change the text / use Color Picker Tool)  
-  select the original text layer
- 4/ fill the text box on the original text layer with this colour
- the old text is now hidden and only the new text is visible  

If you are overwriting text on an image like this included example, then I suggest to erase the old text with the color of the calendar (use color picker tool and then color the text with the pencil tool or make a selection over the text and fill it with the calendar color)
If you are overwriting text on a photo, then you can use the 'heal selection' to erase the text (Filters / Enhance /Heal Selection).
If this is not satisfying, then you can use the 'clone tool' to erase the text. This workflow is timeconsuming if you want a perfect result.
If you want a quick solution, make an 'artistic' something behind the text :

Thank you it help , am using 2.10.18.