Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nik collection-error message
Photo 
Hi,

I am using Gimp 2.10.34 (revision 2). My computer running Windows 11.
I did downloadNikcollection-1.2.11. Some filters are working, but not all. When opening "Analog Efex Pro 2" I get this messages in the two attachments. (phyton_fu_shellout not answeiring).

I can also see that my script folder is empty:
C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

Does anyone experience the same issue?

Brg.
Kjell

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

(02-10-2024, 06:33 AM)kjelln67@gmail.com Wrote: I can also see that my script folder is empty:
C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\scripts

Which isn't unexpected since the plugin is in C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins.
With windows 10, gimp 2.10.36 I have never a problem with shellout and Nik Analog Efex Pro 2.  The plugin is here installed on my computer :
D:\Program Files\GIMP2\lib\gimp\2.0\plug-ins\Shellout\ShellOut.py
example : 

(02-10-2024, 10:12 AM)denzjos Wrote: With windows 10, gimp 2.10.36 I have never a problem with shellout and Nik Analog Efex Pro 2.  The plugin is here installed on my computer :
example :

If the plugin exports to a file before its is reloaded by Gimp, it could be that Windows is paranoid about the filter and doesn't let it write to disk. This could be checked in some "security center" (or whatever it is called these days).
(02-10-2024, 11:18 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(02-10-2024, 10:12 AM)denzjos Wrote: With windows 10, gimp 2.10.36 I have never a problem with shellout and Nik Analog Efex Pro 2.  The plugin is here installed on my computer :
example :

If the plugin exports to a file before its is reloaded by Gimp, it could be that Windows is paranoid about the filter and doesn't let it write to disk. This could be checked in some "security center" (or whatever it is called these days).

Yes..I think the problem is that i grow up with MS-Dos :-).

My ShellOut.py file is located in the directory called roaming, together with other py-files. C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins.

I have only pressed the installation program "nikcollection-full-1.2.11, so this program is placing all the files.
Photo 
(02-10-2024, 08:03 PM)kjelln67@gmail.com Wrote: Yes..I think the problem is that i grow up with MS-Dos :-).

My ShellOut.py file is located in the directory called roaming, together with other py-files. C:\Users\Bruker\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\plug-ins.

I have only pressed the installation program "nikcollection-full-1.2.11, so this program is placing all the files.
----------

Hi again Smile.

I have checked my firewall, but can't find it is stopping Nik or Gimp. But i have found that the files in the Nik collection i downloaded may be old.
I have found a new version that i am trying to install:
https://github.com/draekko-rand/nik_for_...tag/v2_0_3

I have tried to install it as described in the "readme" file that is included in the download folder. But it says that the .sh file is not an intern or external command.
Maybe it is not made for windows?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A .sh file is a Unix/Linux shell script. As far as I can tell its only purpose is ease the complicated Linux setup (because the Nik filters are designed for Windows). On Windows you just copy the adequate directory from the ZIP (plug-ins/2.10) to the plug-ins folder in your Gimp profile.
Ok. Then it make sense. And it is working!. Thankyou so much, it was a great help for me! Smile
The simple is often the best...