Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offset image
I have 256*256 image.
I would like to offset it in a way that Gimp creates 512*512 canvas with 4 images (256*256) offseted.
4 copies of the same image?
I hope I am understanding your requirements correctly.

Create a new image 512x512.

Use (File > Open As Layers) to open your 4 256 x 256 images. Each image will be on its own layer.
(If it is only 1 image that you are displaying 4 times: use Open As Layers to open the 1 image. Then, in the Layers Dialogue, use the Duplicate button to duplicate the image 3 more times.)

Use (Image > Guides) to create 1 vertical and 1 horizontal guide at the 256 pixel position. Make sure (View > Snap to Guides) is on.

For each of the 4 images:
Select the image in the layers dialogue, then use the Move tool to move it into position.
(08-26-2017, 08:13 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: 4 copies of the same image?
Yes

(08-26-2017, 08:21 AM)Blighty Wrote: I hope I am understanding your requirements correctly.

Use (File > Open As Layers) to open your 4 256 x 256 images. Each image will be on its own layer.
(If it is only 1 image that you are displaying 4 times: use Open As Layers to open the 1 image. Then, in the Layers Dialogue, use the Duplicate button to duplicate the image 3 more times.)

Use (Image > Guides) to create 1 vertical and 1 horizontal guide at the 256 pixel position. Make sure (View > Snap to Guides) is on.

Select the image in the layers dialogue, then use the Move tool to move it into position.

Thanks. 

I just noticed that Gimp has offset by x/2, y/2.

Is this possible to do that with one click with offset by 2*x, 2*y ? That is what I would need.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

(08-26-2017, 11:41 AM)grit Wrote: I just noticed that Gimp has offset by x/2, y/2.
Is this possible to do that with one click with offset by 2*x, 2*y ? That is what I would need.

No, that offset is used for a different purpose.
(It is useful for making seamless tiles.)
(08-26-2017, 12:07 PM)Blighty Wrote:
(08-26-2017, 11:41 AM)grit Wrote: I just noticed that Gimp has offset by x/2, y/2.

No, that offset is used for a different purpose.
(It is useful for making seamless tiles.)

I found tile filter which expands image to 512*512 but does not offset it. Is it possible to offset it with another filter ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-26-2017, 08:21 AM)Blighty Wrote: I hope I am understanding your requirements correctly.

Slightly faster:
  • Load the image
  • Triplicate (Layer>Duplicate or Ctrl-Shift-D)
  • Image>Canvas size: 200% x 200%
  • View>Snap to canvas edges
  • Drag the copies to the corners where they will snap in position