Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the wrong path.
Ive been playing with the path tool over the last few days, and was feeling fairly confident in its use. Abstract curvey shape creation..check! Then I hit a wall of frustation when I tried to manipulate the shapes. Flipping them just kept cutting parts of the image out. 

I was going to post a general distress message and whilst running through the process I was using... 

It just clicked that the option I need appears in the Tool Options itself. Select the paths.. and were off! Thats what I wanted it to do 4 hours ago! Flip, rotate, reshape. 

Elation! More things to play with!

Feeling smug. And it only took 4 hours of puzzled muttering. 

Blush
Yes, all the transform tools have an option to be applied to a path or a selection.

Admittedly this feature is a bit hidden in Gimp.
You can always check the manual, its very well written, which is one of the best things about Gimp.

In case you are interested in playing with path shapes, i can recommend arakne's paths shape creator plug-in.
(04-10-2018, 09:41 AM)Espermaschine Wrote: Yes, all the transform tools have an option to be applied to a path or a selection.

Admittedly this feature is a bit hidden in Gimp.
You can always check the manual, its very well written, which is one of the best things about Gimp.

In case you are interested in playing with path shapes, i can recommend arakne's paths shape creator plug-in.

The manual would have been a good idea....

Thanks for the link. Shall have a look.
(04-10-2018, 03:48 PM)BlueHobbit Wrote: The manual would have been a good idea....

even after 6 years of doing stuff with Gimp, i can find interesting new info in the manual