Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One by Wacom
I was so lucky to get this tablet (One by Wacom). I am very excited and I was able to use it nicely on Inkscape after choosing it through input devices. I first tried it on GIMP but whenever I use a paint brush and Stylus it shows an error window. All I need to do is select the paint brush and use Stylus to touch inside the canvas for this error to pop up

Are you using linux or Windows with this ? There are Windows Wacom drivers and you should use the latest. Linux support comes with the linux kernel although a Wacom One ? How recent are these ?

Using linux appimage and my ancient Wacom tablet.

The first thing to note is the mouse and the tablet can register using different tools. Say, paint tool with the mouse and clone tool with the tablet. A default Gimp keeps settings between sessions so you might have got a GEGL 'something' attached to the tablet.

How do you select the paint brush ? Using the mouse ? Try using the tablet stylus, go into the Tools Menu -> Paint Tools -> Paintbrush and select from there.

A quick demo of that: https://i.imgur.com/F0IJHRv.mp4

Otherwise, do not know. There are always advice of the sort plug the tablet in before / after starting Gimp (I think before is the favourite)
The mouse / tablet settings are held in your Gimp user profile in the file devicerc. You can delete that and when Gimp starts it will make a new default. You will have to go into Edit -> Input Devices and set the tablet up again - Mode: Screen - pressure curve - .....
(06-18-2021, 08:34 AM)meetdilip Wrote: I was so lucky to get this tablet (One by Wacom). I am very excited and I was able to use it nicely on Inkscape after choosing it through input devices. I first tried it on GIMP but whenever I use a paint brush and Stylus it shows an error window. All I need to do is select the paint brush and use Stylus to touch inside the canvas for this error to pop up

If this is the Bamboo One, this also the one I use.

See Windows ➤ Dockable dialogs ➤ Device status. It will show the active tool for each pointing device (your tablet should have two, one for each end of the stylus) and it is likely that yours shows the GEGL operation:

Keep in mind that you should select the tool with the pointing device you are going to use, clicking the brush with the mouse and then grabbing the pen isn't going to work, you have to grab the pen, click the Brush tool in the toolbox, and then continue with the pen.
Thanks, wonderful admins. When I selected everything using the Stylus, I am able to draw. Saved my day :thumbsup

@ofnuts

The tablet says One by Wacom. I think it is a new model. Not very new, I was trying to buy this for around half an year now.
(06-18-2021, 10:18 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks, wonderful admins. When I selected everything using the Stylus, I am able to draw. Saved my day :thumbsup

@ofnuts

The tablet says One by Wacom. I think it is a new model. Not very new, I was trying to buy this for around half and year now.

Hmm. Looking at the specs, a different thing, mine is quite old (over 10 years).
How is your experience with Wacom ? My pen has 2 buttons, I am not sure what they are. Possibly left and right-click equivalent.
Pretty good.

The top button is the same as your mouse right-click.

The bottom one is the middle click, so if you press+move the stylus
  • used alone you move the canvas
  • used with Shift you rotate the canvas
  • used with Ctrl you zoom in and out
Great!

Thanks for the tips. Smile