Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opacity lost on export to PDF.
Greetings.

I have made some projects with some layers with varying level of opacity on them.
Then, exporting to PDF the opacity level and layer mode type are lost and all the layers return back to default mode obstructing everything else instead of being applied as intended properly blending as overlays on the man image layers.
Can reproduce. Looks like a bug (cannot find it reported). Possible work around: duplicate image and flatten it (or Layer > New from visible) before export.
(10-06-2023, 09:11 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can reproduce. Looks like a bug (cannot find it reported). Possible work around: duplicate image and flatten it (or Layer > New from visible) before export.

Yeah, I merged all layers under the "shade/texture" layres, including the texts, only kept template elements on top, exported and sent for printing.
(10-06-2023, 09:43 PM)SF01 Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 09:11 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Can reproduce. Looks like a bug (cannot find it reported). Possible work around: duplicate image and flatten it (or Layer > New from visible) before export.

Yeah, I merged all layers under the "shade/texture" layres, including the texts, only kept template elements on top, exported and sent for printing.

I'm not sure if I understand the situation but I don't think I encounter this problem with my version of Gimp.

The generated PDF presents the final image respecting the 50% opacity of all layers (except the one at the base of the layer stack - full opaque)

Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(10-06-2023, 11:06 PM)Krikor Wrote:
(10-06-2023, 09:43 PM)SF01 Wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand the situation but I don't think I encounter this problem with my version of Gimp.

The generated PDF presents the final image respecting the 50% opacity of all layers (except the one at the base of the layer stack - full opaque)

As stated by OP you have to use layer blend modes other than Normal. Gimp exports the PDF as if all lawyers were in  Normal mode:

Reported the problem: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/10133
(10-07-2023, 07:51 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: As stated by OP you have to use layer blend modes other than Normal. Gimp exports the PDF as if all lawyers were in  Normal mode:

Ohh... Now I understand
I confirm the same situation here!

Ofnuts, thanks for the clarification.
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.