Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opacity
There is a size limit for attachments. Typical jpeg / png / gif formats 500 KB Gimp xcf is higher 2 MB, and a maximum number of 4 5.

You probably fell foul of those limits. If anything else give details of what / from where you are trying to post. Not always the end receiver causing the problem, I now have some issues due to my ISP screwing my wireless router up.
Hey Rich... spent a lot of hours on this and while I'm not quite there yet, your help has got me into the ballpark. A little more experimentation, fine tuning the various components, and I'll have it. Attachment #1 is pretty much a basic combination of layers, adjusting color and positions. I couldn't seem to better the doll's left eye (with a sliver of white showing), so lifted the original from the rough concept but it isn't very well defined. I used the Prospective tool on the opposite eye to make it "cock-eyed." Attachment #2 is using the Desaturate > Color to Gray tool which gives the doll a porcelain-look, definitely creepy. Attachment #3 using Color Balance to add yellow to better match the background. And finally, Attachment #4 using a combination of Color Curve and Color Balance. This is also a different left eye in an effort to define it better.
Like I said, not quite there yet, but a helluva lot closer thanks to your input. Did a lot of thinking, learned some new techniques, gained some confidence and took a bunch of notes. I need to set this aside for a week or two before going back into it with a clear head. But now I'm seeing real progress and have you to thank for it.
Bry