Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Open Image" change default folder and thumbnail view?
(08-14-2017, 02:53 AM)Dave001 Wrote: ....../ in the "Open Image" window, is there a way to have the files shown as thumbnail view instead of list view? Having to click on each file name to see the thumbnail image in the far right of the window is very slow.
/.........

(08-14-2017, 09:33 AM)Dave001 Wrote: ........./  Looks like GIMP is not going to suit me then, thanks again for the help. Smile

(06-26-2021, 07:55 PM)StageMan Wrote: ........./
  I find it unimaginable that after all these years that no one has built a Module or Plugin for Gimp to view Thumbnails of our work right in the Gimp Program.
 /..........

Yea... I can understand what you mean as I was like that many-many years ago, I absolutely wanted to pass by File > Open... and nothing else.
I even got very-very upset about this stupid ante antediluvian window-browser pre-2k which was never updated...

Then I removed my blinkers (yes, I did wear horse's blinders for many years),
I don't remember how or why, but I started to use Alt+Tab... which is way faster, way better, and in the end you got the final option to drop in the tools box to open as new image or drop in the layer's dialogue to open as new ... layer!

So for many years using the shortcut Alt+Tab between a directory full of photos (where I can increase or decrease the thumbnails sizes) and GIMP, I thought that no one was using this window-browser...
I use Alt+Tab, not only with GIMP, but with every software, as nowadays 99.99% of software just work by drag 'n drop.

Alt + Tab has 3 main advantages:
2 clicks less (no more click on File, then Click Open...)
visualization of your thumbnails the size you want
With GIMP you drop the file on the tools side or on the layer side depending what you are looking for

But even worse... now when I use a software which do not work with drag 'n drop like Ksnip where you need to click File, then click again on Open, choose a file then click again on OK, "I find it unimaginable that after all these years that no one has built a" drag 'n drop  Big Grin

(06-26-2021, 07:55 PM)StageMan Wrote: ......../ The Gray and Light Themes suck and no one uses them. Can other Themes be had?

BTW I'm using the gray theme, so some one is using it Smile ,
why the gray theme? Because the dark theme sucks somewhere...
With the dark theme if something is checked, you can't see/read what's checked  Angry (may be it's my distro)

You can find ready to use nice dark themes over there -> https://www.deviantart.com/migf1/art/Cle...-846265163
I don't use them because I don't like the font and it's written too small (and I don't want to tweak it) but they look quite nice, just put them in the "Theme" Directory/Folder and start GIMP > Edit > Preferences > you know it Wink