Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opening image constrained to window size
This has been asked before but so far the problem seems to be unresolved. In 3.8 when I opened an image, the image displayed zoomed down to the available space. Now in 3.10, the image opens at 100% and resizes the window so the controls are way off screen. How can I get back the 3.8 behavior? I looked at the Preferences, Window Management, and tried all the settings there. None work. Single window mode. I can't find any other setting that controls window size on image opening.
Preferences ➤ Image Windows ➤ Zoom & resize behavior ➤ Initial zoom ratio ➤ Show entire image perhaps?
Quote:the image opens at 100% and resizes the window so the controls are way off screen and...the image opens at 100% and resizes the window so the controls are way off screen.

"Controls way off screen.." is a bit strange. What size is the display ? Gimp 2.10 on an older laptop with say a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 is a tight fit.

As well as Ofnuts post, Size the Gimp Window(s) Then Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Window Management and Untick Save window positions on exit click on Save Window Positions Now Ok that.

No operating system given but in linux I can fix the window size and position. A quick search and maybe for Windows this: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-1...n-and-size
(03-03-2022, 07:43 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Preferences ➤ Image Windows ➤ Zoom & resize behavior ➤ Initial zoom ratio ➤ Show entire image perhaps?

The only choices are that one and 1:1. I have it at 1:1. I don't think this setting affects opening a image because I've unchecked both options above.

(03-03-2022, 08:26 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
Quote:the image opens at 100% and resizes the window so the controls are way off screen  and...the image opens at 100% and resizes the window so the controls are way off screen.

"Controls way off screen.."  is a bit strange.  What size is the display ? Gimp 2.10 on an older laptop with say a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 is a tight fit.

Brand new device, 17" display. 1920 x 1080. If I open a 1420 x 800 image, it fills 150% of the display and the right controls are way off-screen.

As well as Ofnuts post, Size the Gimp Window(s) Then  Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Window Management  and Untick Save window positions on exit click on Save Window Positions Now  Ok that.

Already tried that. Doesn't work as I said in my initial post.

No operating system given but in linux I can fix the window size and position.  A quick search and maybe for Windows this: https://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-1...n-and-size

The article on window size doesn't apply since this is opening an image file inside the canvas screen of an app. It's not a Windows "window" per se.