Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
png export issue
HI

When creating a faded circle (image 3) in GIMP on Mac, when I import to another programme (Galaxy Watch Designer/Studio) the file comes in distorted (image 2 enclosed)

When I use GIMP on Windows creating exactly the same way, the image comes in correctly.

On the preview import dialog the image looks fine no matter where created.

Any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Image(s)

Barry
Sorry no way of trying out in  Galaxy Watch Designer/Studio - whatever that is. The image you posted - image3.png - is from your Mac ?

It is 16 bit precision, you could try again with 8 bitImage -> Precision then set 8 bit

The only other possibility is if somehow the Mac Gimp imposes a different x / y pixel resolution. You can check by toggling  View -> Dot-forDot on off. 

This the same image 360 x360 pix  with the y resolution half the x resolution. Gimp is a pixel editor dot-for-dot is normally on. Dot-for-dot-off gives a real-world view.

Otherwise - do not know, some strange MacOS thing.
Your 2nd image is a 16-bit PNG, did you try to save it as a much more frequent 8-bit PNG?
(07-30-2020, 03:08 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Sorry no way of trying out in  Galaxy Watch Designer/Studio - whatever that is. The image you posted - image3.png - is from your Mac ?

It is 16 bit precision, you could try again with 8 bitImage -> Precision then set 8 bit

The only other possibility is if somehow the Mac Gimp imposes a different x / y pixel resolution. You can check by toggling  View -> Dot-forDot on off. 

This the same image 360 x360 pix  with the y resolution half the x resolution. Gimp is a pixel editor dot-for-dot is normally on. Dot-for-dot-off gives a real-world view.

Otherwise - do not know, some strange MacOS thing.

My thoughts exactly but the according to ImageMagick's identify the 2nd image from the OP has the same width/height in pixels, and a 72PPI resolution both ways too.
(07-30-2020, 07:47 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: Your 2nd image is a 16-bit PNG, did you try to save it as a much more frequent 8-bit PNG?

Well, what do you know, it works with 8bit!  Genius, thank you!!

Barry