Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint Brush stroke with depth
Hi, is it possible to create a brush stroke like this ? The interesting part is that it gives a feel of depth that imitates a real-life brush stroke. Thanks.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8wDVSRStOpXdxxY9uwox...Q&usqp=CAU]

If possible, something like this, but a multi colour stroke will be great.
With the charcoal brush, I managed to get very close. Not as perfect as this. But almost Smile

It should be...

a custom brush with something like, In the dynamics options, color from gradient + track direction

EDIT:
I tried something different as Color from gradient works horizontally, but seems to not have options to put the gradient Vertically (full vertical length of the brush)

I selected your brush sample in a rough way, then Ctrl+C (copy) to put it in the clipboard

Once in the clipboard It appears in the brushes menu, which I just select to use as a brush

The clipboard brush is at the top of your brushes

With a better/stronger contrast you might be able to do a proper brush like your sample (may be in dynamics track the direction?)
Play with fade and other dynamics option, as well as hardness and other "normal" options, you should go very closed to a "real" brush
Thanks. Looks like achieved what I am trying to do. I am new to using brushes and not able to retrace what you did.

We use the lasso tool to get the shape of the brush ?

Then use it as a brush from clip board ? I tried using from the clipboard before in GIMP and it worked differently for me. It would appear like badly stacked bricks horizontally. I am not sure how to get a smooth stroke like in the above post.

I tried the method now. You can see the staggering in the stroke. In vertical drag, the staggering is more pronounced

(07-04-2021, 03:00 AM)meetdilip Wrote: Thanks. Looks like achieved what I am trying to do. I am new to using brushes and not able to retrace what you did.

We use the lasso tool to get the shape of the brush ?

Then use it as a brush from clip board ? I tried using from the clipboard before in GIMP and it worked differently for me. It would appear like badly stacked bricks horizontally. I am not sure how to get a smooth stroke like in the above post.

I tried the method now. You can see the staggering in the stroke. In vertical drag, the staggering is more pronounced

Yes lasso tool, stay clicked and draw zig-zag (I did it with the mouse)

"badly stacked bricks horizontally"
Spacing options in the Tools options > reduce the spacing between 1 and 10 max (don't look my actual spacing I use my brush for something else Wink ), you can also check the "Smooth stroke" (still in brush options) a submenu with 2 sliders will show up (go slowly with "quality" as it will also affect the speed the brush will follow your mouse/pen, but you will have well rounded shapes )
Try to play also with the dynamic like try them 1 by 1 Wink (draw a triangle and a circle when you test)