Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panorama issues
Hello!

I was trying to use the 360 panorama filter but the result image shows only part of it, I looked at the docs page and it only says to make an image with the actual size of what my panorama will be, but that's it, it doesn't say anything else, if anybody can please help me out with this one.

Thank you all in advance!

Mila Abbott
You know as much as I do about this filter Wink I think you might have the wrong idea, it does not 'unwrap' the 360 image into a strip. You could make multiple images and stitch together with something like Hugin.
...or I might be completely wrong about this.

The page is here: https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-filte...ction.html

Of course, you can get only a part of the original image in your panorama. The first thing you have to do is creating a new image with the size of your future panorama. Then, open the original image.

This is the original image

Open the Panorama Projection filter. Only the central part of the image is visible. Pan across the image to find your panorama using the Pan option or click and dragging. You can zoom in to have a wider view.

A new image 800x500  then the 360 deg opened as a new layer. The canvas size (800x500) acts as a 'view window'. Fiddle with the sliders to get the the view required and ok

Then maybe a small adjustment by moving the 'adjusted' layer.

FWIW my take on it.