Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parametric brush
I made a parametric brush by using brush editor. It was named "untitled" automatically. So, I changed the name to "starFrDtc". Then I refreshed the brush lists.

Here is the issue. I went to the folder for the brush in the terminal. Its name was still "untitled". I restarted my ubuntu system. Its name is still "untitled".

How do I change the name really?
If it is a .pat, when you save a new one you have to pay attention to the so called description, Gimp takes it for its "name".
Re-create it (do not rename it).
Or just save it as an image (.jpg)

Sorry, I did a quick read and -I don't know why- I thought the question was about the name of a pattern.
Sorry.
(04-29-2018, 05:01 AM)dinasset Wrote: If it is a .pat, when you save a new one you have to pay attention to the so called description, Gimp takes it for its "name".
Re-create it (do not rename it).
Or just save it as an image (.jpg)

A parametric brush is neither a pattern nor a jpg.
Its a vector brush.
(04-29-2018, 02:26 AM)gimp-artist Wrote: I made a parametric brush by using brush editor. It was named "untitled" automatically. So, I changed the name to "starFrDtc". Then I refreshed the brush lists.

Here is the issue. I went to the folder for the brush in the terminal. Its name was still "untitled". I restarted my ubuntu system. Its name is still "untitled".

How do I change the name really?

The name in the file system (the .vbr) and the name displayed in the brushes dialogue are independent of each other.

To change the name in the brushes dialogue:
Right click on the brush and select Edit Brush. Change the name. (The .vbr file name won't change)