Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paste image into another and reposition it
I am trying to paste one image into another.

I tried this, but it does not allow me to reposition the image.

But the "paste into" option allows the user to move the pasted portion.

Thanks.

Attached Files Image(s)

When you do a regular paste (Edit ➤ Paste), you get a Floating selection layer that you can move with the Move tool (Move) before "anchoring" (you can also use the other transform tools, in particular Scale/Rotate/Unified). When you do  Edit ➤ Paste as ➤ New layer you get a plain additional layer, and this layer can also be moved with the Move tool (and all other tools that apply to layers).

By the way, if you are pasting text with transparent parts, the Move tool will by default grab the opaque layer where you click. So if you want to move text, you have to click in a character, not in the space between characters.
Always best if you show the whole Gimp window, especially the layers dock.

However. Are you trying to drag-n-drop the first image into the second image. Two ways

1. Click and drag the first tab into the second tab to open the image and continue the drag into the canvas. That is a new layer, use the move tool

2. For any layer, click and drag from the first image layer dock into the second image tab to open the image and continue the drag down into the canvas. That is a new layer. Use the move tool

Quick animation of those. https://i.imgur.com/yXZii67.mp4