Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Path to Selection not working... SOLVED.
Shocked 
I already found the solution!
Hi,
Using script guides for paths, I created 4 paths.
But when I try to select these paths for selection (Path To Selection) nothing happens.

But if I use the Rectangle Select Tool and create a selection and then transform it into a path, from that path I can select it via "Path to Selection '.
Obs: The "this path works" path I made with the Rectangle Select Tool.

I don't know where I'm going wrong.
Do the paths generated by the Guides To Path plugin behave differently?
How to make these paths be selected?

Quote:  Path summary Warning
Path "A8" [4]:
(0.0, 0.0) <- 2 : 154.0 : OPN -> (0.0, 154.0)
(154.0, 0.0) <- 2 : 154.0 : OPN -> (154.0, 154.0)
(0.0, 0.0) <- 2 : 154.0 : OPN -> (154.0, 0.0)
(0.0, 154.0) <- 2 : 154.0 : OPN -> (154.0, 154.0)

Path summary Warning
Path "this path works" [1]:
(199.0, 145.0) <- 4 : 224.0 : CW  -> (199.0, 200.0)

I thank you for your help!

.xcf   4paths.xcf (Size: 462.19 KB / Downloads: 265)

Ok, with ofn-path-edits I managed to solve the problem !!
I used the option Join Strokes and voilà!

Now I can select the paths.
Four open strokes isn't the same as one closed stroke. When there are open strokes, Path to selection auto-closes them, but then when you auto-close a straight line by connecting its ends you get an extremely thin selection.

Now, the need for for a script to create a path from guides eludes me. Without a script this is six easy clicks, including the one to select the Paths tool.
Maybe not for Guides -> Paths -> Selection however

You can stroke a path but not a guide.
(11-13-2020, 11:39 AM)Ofnuts Wrote: Four open strokes isn't the same as one closed stroke. When there are open strokes, Path to selection auto-closes them, but then when you auto-close a straight line by connecting its ends you get an extremely thin selection.

Now, the need  for for a script to create a path from guides eludes me. Without a script this is six easy clicks, including the one to select the Paths tool.

I had a circumference and wanted to divide it into 4 symmetrical parts.

》》 Then I used guides to center and outline the sides of the circumference. - Guides from active layer (or selection) 

》》 I used the Guides_to_path plugin to transform the guides into paths, saving the task of tracing paths manually. 

But that's when I ran into the difficulty in selecting the paths created in this process.