Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paths will not connect!
Hi everyone!

First I want to thank everyone for taking time out of their day to answer all the questions.

So I'm trying to connect the paths or nodes, and from what I have read and watched, you simply press ctrl and click on the node. However when I do that, a small menu pops up (photo is attached) How do I connect the paths?

I'm running GIMP 2.10 and my Macbook air is High Sierra.

Thanks again.

Attached Files Image(s)

(04-04-2020, 02:21 AM)west.c.ridez Wrote: Hi everyone!

First I want to thank everyone for taking time out of their day to answer all the questions.

So I'm trying to connect the paths or nodes, and from what I have read and watched, you simply press ctrl and click on the node. However when I do that, a small menu pops up (photo is attached) How do I connect the paths?

I'm running GIMP 2.10 and my Macbook air is High Sierra.

Thanks again.

You are clicking the wrong mouse button by the look of it.

You are correct that you hold CTRL (minght be the CMD key on Mac) and click the left mouse button on the start node of the path to close it.

If you press right mouse button (doesn't matter if CTRL pressed or not) then you get the general context menu that you showed.

At least that is how it works on my computer as I just checked right now.
Quote:I'm trying to connect the paths or nodes, and from what I have read and watched, you simply press ctrl and click on the node.

As previous post, ctrl = cmd key on a Mac. The right mouse brings up that menu but it might be that you are using a laptop trackpad that does strange things? (who knows with a Mac Wink )

The cmd key just toggles between design mode and edit mode but you can also use the path tool options to fix these modes, click on the 'radio' button. Hover over the node, get the double circle, click

Something like this (OSX VM / Gimp 2.10) https://i.imgur.com/b8jkOBc.mp4