Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pen Pressure Sensitivity Problem
Hi folks!

It's been a really long time since I've posted to a forum, so please forgive me if I don't have the normal "forum manners". I'm looking for help with a very specific problem that I don't have the know-how to solve.

I have an active stylus with pressure sensitivity that I'm using with my HP Spectre 360. It's a touchscreen computer and the pressure sensitivity does seem to work well with OneNote for Windows, which is not an application I'd like to use for drawing. I knew that there weren't any pressure sensitivity settings in Paint.Net (the program I've been using for a while for digital art) and decided to download GIMP after reading good things. 

However, now that I have GIMP, I can't seem to find a way for it to register the pen as different than the mouse, or to sense that there is different pressure being put on the pen nib in general. It's very sad and a little tiring to have it work in an application not made for drawing, then not work at all in an application made for art, as someone who enjoys non-digital drawing.

If there's anyone out there with any solutions to this problem- be it an external driver or fiddling with settings or anything, I would really appreciate the help!

Thank you so much in advance!