Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Permanent blue lines after path tool?
Howdy,

I was working on a fantasy map just now and used the "text along path" tool. It seems to have worked like intended, except that there are now blue lines on the image that  I can't get rid of. They are not part of any layer (I tried turning all of them off and they were still there). Furthermore, if the image is exported the lines are not there.

Anyone know what this is and how to get rid of them? Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

you can turn off path visibility in the "paths" tab and unchecking the eyeball icon, like the "layers" tab.
As above and also

The blue lines are 'inactive' paths. An active path is red. They only exist inside Gimp. They do not show when the file is exported to a png or a jpeg.

but

It also shows that the path for the text is too short. Those lines flying off to the corner. just delete that text-path, increase the length of the base path, re-apply text-along path. (This has been fixed in Gimp 2.10)

[Image: f2dzBg1.jpg]

Once you have them fixed:
Make a path active (red)
Go to Select -> From Path
Fill the selection with color
Turn off the visibility of the paths
These things are the indication of paths, they can be turned off by clicking the eye icons in the Paths list.

The long diagonal line is however an indication that the text-along-path didn't work properly, this happend when the path is too short for the text.

If you need to do a lot of this, you may want to have a look at https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-ofn-text-along-path
Eyy, that did the trick. Thanks, I'm still relatively new to the more advanced parts.

Cheers people!