Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Photo Restoration
I'm trying to restore a photo for a friend, and have come across a difficult area. I have attatched two images. In image one, part of the original, the arm, and the hand, are faded or damaged. In image Two, I have tried to repair the damage, but I am having trouble reproducing the darker areas at the bottom of the arm/hand. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Image(s)

Do not know if there is any easy fix. The clips are a bit on the small side.

Probably going to be more of an artistic repair than a technical one. Try a bit of clone tool - a bit of smudge tool....

(01-23-2020, 02:48 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Do not know if there is any easy fix. The clips are a bit on the small side.

Probably going to be more of an artistic repair than a technical one. Try a bit of clone tool - a bit of smudge tool....

Yeah, it is an hard one. Didn't want to attatch the full image, as it's not mine. I haven't done a bad job so far. Just wondered if someone had any better ideas. I have been using the clone, and smudge tool, but didn't want it to look too blurred. I seem to have been on this bit alone, for quite a while now, making changes, then going back, because I'm not happy with the results.

(01-23-2020, 05:25 PM)Rob1955 Wrote:
(01-23-2020, 02:48 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Do not know if there is any easy fix. The clips are a bit on the small side.

Yeah, it is an hard one. Didn't want to attatch the full image, as it's not mine. I haven't done a bad job so far. Just wondered if someone had any better ideas. I have been using the clone, and smudge tool, but didn't want it to look too blurred. I seem to have been on this bit alone, for quite a while now, making changes, then going back, because I'm not happy with the results.

Thanks for showing me what can be done.